a fleurette travels to paris : les fleurs in france : parisian flower shops

3:42 PM

for this great post i hand over the blog to sandra... enjoy taking a trip to paris with sandra and scott! xo, kerianne

From Sandra:

For those who don't know... I lived in Paris 20+ years ago.  I fell in love with this amazing city back then and I still adore it today.  Here are our pics from our recent trip and as much as my husband enjoyed our getaway, I truly believe Paris will always hold a special place in my heart forever. J'adore Paris






Fortunately, I am able to return for business and a little pleasure too:).  This trip was especially meaningful because I got to take my hubby.  He had 't been since he was in college and as he tells me "he flew through the Louvre in 45 min". Yeeks!!! I thought ok... I will show him "my" Paris






Although Paris in January does not seem as romantic as Paris in the Springtime, I beg to differ... I love walking the streets all bundled up and then treating ourselves to a cafe au lait with a "pain du chocolat". The crowds are gone and Paris has their wonderful "city" wide sales...where all of the shops participate in amazing sales on basically everything... How could you go wrong???




The main focus of our trip was for me to visit my favorite "fleuristes" and see what the new trends of European floral design are and bring that back home to Les Fleurs...  where else can you find moss covered spheres in front of a store???







sooooo....amazing...love, love, love their floral displays





Polaine...the most famous bread boulangerie in all of Paris...Each loaf is decorated with a handmade dough decoration.  the decoration on the loaf changes every month and the delivery date determines the decoration...all of the loaves are made with 4 ingredients...sourdough, stoneground wheat flour, water and sea salt from Guerande.  A must stop if you are in Paris:)



Fromage!!!




it makes you want to stop and buy some gorgeous citrus plants...





Repetto
"One of kind" shoe maker Rose Repetto started  making  ballet shoes for the National Opera of Paris in 1947.  Her shop became the place frequented by the world's prima ballerinas and famous actresses like Brigitte Bardot...











Macaroons from Laduree are the best.  My husband and I like the salted caramel flavor!  We heard they sell over 15,000 macaroons a day...we need a store like this in Andover!!!







Merci... hope you enjoyed seeing our trip! 

xoxo, Sandra












You Might Also Like

2 comments

Subscribe